Whether you worshipped with us online or in person, I hope your Easter was an opportunity to celebrate the wonderful life-changing news of the Risen Christ. God rolled the stone away! Nothing can separate us from God’s love. In the past year, we have had to rethink how we share the Gospel and what it means to be the Body of Christ now and in the future. Our Board has been meeting and thinking about these vitally important questions.
Our mission, vision, and values have not changed. It's important that we keep them in front of us, so let me remind us of them:
The board adopted the following goals for The Downtown Church this year. These goals will give us a way of aligning our resources and efforts.
- Our Mission: Making new disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
- Our Vision: The Downtown Church meets in the middle of rich & poor, young & old, believers & nonbelievers. A place where Christ and the community intersect.
- Our values: Community, Acceptance, Spiritual Growth, Creativity, Reflection
- Mature and Maintain Our Online Presence: Staying focused on our current platforms, we will go deeper with more content and stay abreast of other opportunities
- Define a Maintenance Master Plan: Address short term needs so we can better offer our facility for the community and form a long-term plan for previously deferred and ongoing maintenance needs.
- Foster new discipleship pathways: TDC highly values being multigenerational. Particular focus will be given to children and youth as we seek a new coordinator for The Downtown Kids.
Please let us hear from you with any comments or questions. I am grateful for spring, for new beginnings, for a way forward as we continue to let Love lead.
See you Sunday in person or online, Lori